Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Annie is here!

So, Annie decided to come 1 week early, but was definately ready! Annie was born on 8/13/09 at 8:12am. She was 7 lbs 8 oz. As of the doctor's office yesterday they said that she is already at 7 lbs 5 oz, so she will soon be back to birth weight. The labor went well. At my doctor's appointment on the 11th, I had already dilated to a 4 and was 80% effaced and hadn't felt any pain. Early thursday morning at 1:45am, I woke up with cramps and went to the bathroom. At about 2:15am, my water broke and we started timing contractions. Since they were 4 minutes apart, we decided to head to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 3am and by the time we got to the delivery room around 3:30, the contractions were only 2 minutes apart. When they checked me, I had already dilated to a 6, so things were going well. I got the epidural around 4, 4:30ish and that was a miracle drug! I thought I was going to die before I got the epidural. I had planned on trying to do the birth naturally, but when I got to the hospital and the pain was super intense, I decided that I would die if I didn't have the epidural. By the time they got the epidural in, I had dialated to a 7. After the epidural, they let us rest for a while. At 7, the nurse came back in and Jason asked her to check me, since he noticed that the contractions weren't coming very strong anymore and we were worried that my body had decided to stop having them. When the nurse checked me she said I was fully complete and ready to push as soon as they could get the doctor there. They called the doctor and he got there around 7:15. After getting everything ready they had me push, and Annie came out at 8:12am. I was told that 45 minutes of pushing is really lucky and amazing for a first child since a lot of others have to push for 2-3 hours.

When Annie came out, she was super purple and they quickly rushed her off to get oxygen. I got to hold her for about 10 seconds but Jason didn't even get to hold her before they took her away. She was in the nursery for 6 hours before we got to hold her. Her breathing has been great ever since!

Last weekend, she did get sick - I guess she couldn't stay out of the hospital for more than a week! Lol! On Friday, 8/21/09, Annie's right eye started oozing out yellow mucus, her eye was swollen shut and she was sleeping all day and was super lathargic. We called the doctor's office and they didn't get back to us until after they closed, and they said that we needed to take her to the after hours urgent care at the hospital. So, we took her there after dinner and they drew blood and took samples of her eye puss and sent them to the labs. She had a temperature of 100.2 and they said that if she got a fever of 100.4 they would have to keep her at the hospital. She also got an IV with Salene solution in it. Jason and Grandpa Meyers gave her a beautiful blessing while she was there. Thankfully, Annie's temperature went down and was back to normal by the time we left the hospital around 10:30pm.

She has been to the doctor's a couple of times over the weekend and is now taking an oral antibiotic and an ointment in her eye 3x a day. Her eye is back to normal and only has a little bit of puss coming out of it. Overall, she is much better! She still does not sleep as much as we would like at night and when she does sleep, she is a super loud sleeper! Hopefully, that will get better soon! I will post pictures as soon as I get them downloaded on the computer, but at least you have a little update about our little cutie pie!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I am so happy that the labor and delivery went well. I agree-an epidural is a miracle drug! I am sorry that Annie has been sick already, but I am glad to hear that everything is fine. I am excited to see your pictures, and can't wait for more posts about your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker